Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectany of you auto guys got boost?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=1746
1746, any of you auto guys got boost?
Posted by ajna_star, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
im about to get a hrc stg/2
how do AT's respond to boost? how fast does ur turbo spool..... likes dislikes etc etc
1750, RE: any of you auto guys got boost?
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I dont but everyone Ive heard about was lovin it, as long as you have AT LEAST a tranny cooler you will be fine runnin 10 lbs or whatever your doin with the stage 2
and you can build boost on the line and dont loose it during shifting
1751, RE: any of you auto guys got boost?
Posted by ajna_star, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i was told u cant break torwue to build boost on a 420a, and what do u mean loose it while shifting?
1752, RE: any of you auto guys got boost?
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
get a higher stall converter if you want to brake torque.

we dont lose boost pressure because we dont 'lift to shift'. meaning the throttle plate doesnt close, and all the built boost doesnt exit through the bov until you let off the gas.

the a/t responds nicely to boost. its a completely different car!
1813, RE: any of you auto guys got boost?
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i just installed my hrc stage one

this is me not on boost

;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

this is on boost:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :o :o :o :o :o :o :o }( }( }( }( }( }( }( }(

enough said, any questions
1814, RE: any of you auto guys got boost?
Posted by Dark Ringleader, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'll be boosting soon and I've heard nothing but good things. The HRC kit is a nice choice as from what I've read the 16g spools faster than t3/t4 in the star kit, which is a lot better for the autos since we need all the help we can get off the line.
1822, RE: any of you auto guys got boost?
Posted by Dirty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Workin on it. :thumbsup
1823, RE: any of you auto guys got boost?
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
true....the 16g does spool faster. But I LOVE the t3/4. Once it spools...it runs like a mother. On sucky places for traction you can feel the torque steer.

oh forgot to mention that when you down shift in an auto you build boost instantly.
1825, RE: any of you auto guys got boost?
how do you downshift in the auto?

Some of my thoughts: it definitely makes a night and day difference. even when i am not making boost (in vac), i feel more torgue. i still think that i can't launch against a mtx but it feels different. also, it sprinkled a little today and the onramp to the freeway was slightly wet. i floored it and from 20 and onward, my wheels were spinning and would not stop until i let off. i could have NEVER done this ever NA.

the best thing about it is that at least know, i can back up the looks of my car-even if its not the fastest car on the block, its better than 140.

-------jezreel

1826, RE: any of you auto guys got boost?
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
heh. just wait till you get tired of 7 psi...

and to help your launch, get a higher stall tq converter hehe. im installing my 3000 pretty soon. ill post the results up in the forum.
1827, RE: any of you auto guys got boost?
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Don't brake torque on the stock Torque Convertor, imo. It heats up WAY too quick and I've noticed permanent damage after brake torquing. Your tranny cooler won't work either while you're warming up on the line.

On the plus side, ATX boosted is fun as hell. I actually gain boost between shifts, instead of losing it like MTX'ers do. Plus it backfires all cool and scares people.

Still on the stock tranny after 60k nonturbo and 20k turbo too.

I'm a ricer though, when I'm cruising... I let off between gears to get the Blowoff sound like an MTX ;)
1828, RE: any of you auto guys got boost?
>Don't brake torque on the stock Torque Convertor, imo. It
>heats up WAY too quick and I've noticed permanent damage after
>brake torquing. Your tranny cooler won't work either while
>you're warming up on the line.
>
>On the plus side, ATX boosted is fun as hell. I actually gain
>boost between shifts, instead of losing it like MTX'ers do.
>Plus it backfires all cool and scares people.
>
>Still on the stock tranny after 60k nonturbo and 20k turbo
>too.
>
>I'm a ricer though, when I'm cruising... I let off between
>gears to get the Blowoff sound like an MTX ;)

hehe i do the blowoff sound too but i still am on the 3000gt bov so i think only i can hear it.
i don't launch hard with my auto though. its not like i race but damn its nice to merge in the freeway without the car sounding like its trying really hard.

-------jezreel

I generated this page in 0.011053085327148 seconds, executing 7 queries.