Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectac condenser as tranny cooler
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=1434
1434, ac condenser as tranny cooler
Posted by shybuck, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Does any buddy think this would work as the are the size the radiator and liquid could flow through them if refrigerant can. I will volunteer to try it first if people think it is a good idea.
1435, RE: ac condenser as tranny cooler
Posted by Dirty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Supposing the fluid would flow through ok, I think it's too big. Remember you can cool things down to much, and that might just do it. You can still use your condensor though...........Mount you B&M tranny cooler on it! :thumbsup Thats what I did anyway.
1436, RE: ac condenser as tranny cooler
Posted by Joe B Slow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You go ahead and burn up your pump;). And btw, you dont drive a big diesel towing tons and tons of cargo! We dont need THAT much cooling. But if you wanna burn out your pump in order to keep fluid volicity up inside that condensor, go ahead. Dirty's right about the cooling being too much. You dont want your tranny fluid too hot or too cold. Just right - and until someone figures out that golden temp id just stick with like a 4 or 6 pass cooler no bigger than 12 inches across (wide).

Joseph:)
1437, RE: ac condenser as tranny cooler
Posted by shybuck, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok thanx I dont want to burn anything out.
1444, RE: ac condenser as tranny cooler
Posted by Dirty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I figured out the golden temp! (for my car anyway) When my gauge reads anywhere between 110- 150 I'm all good. When it goes above 150 it starts to get pissed off at me.
1445, RE: ac condenser as tranny cooler
Posted by Joe B Slow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well there you have it folks:).

Thats such a variable number though. All depends on oil life, amount of oil, outside temps, climate, and all sorts of other shit. Cant wait til i get a temp guage to figure that all out!!!

Joseph
I generated this page in 0.0082399845123291 seconds, executing 7 queries.