Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectManual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=761&mesg_id=761
761, Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?
Posted by Dirty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This is somthing that I've always avoided because I thought it was unnessecary and would lead to problems with the tranny, but since I've had the MP TB on the tranny shifts so fast that if I have to let off the gas before I'm at the speed I really wanna go and get back on it it just bogs and I have no more pull. I think it should downshift at this time, but for some reason it just wants to try it's might in 4th or 3rd. I don't manually shift every gear or anything but when this happens I just move it down to 2nd and all is good from there on. I have no problem with doing this (so far) and I need to get some more work done so maybe this will be solved, but I was wondering your opinions on how bad or if it's bad at all doing this. Like I said, all I ever do is drop it down in 2nd when I need to, and put it back in drive when I get the right rpms.

I love this trottlebody and when I get on it it pulls like a motherfucker, but during regular driving the tranny just shifts to fast for me and I have to go with my plan B which is 2nd gear. Shit half the time I don't even feel it shifting into the next gear and my rpms, barely twitch when it does. Tell me what you guys think.
I generated this page in 0.0077171325683594 seconds, executing 6 queries.