Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectStock A/T Performance
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=3890&mesg_id=3890
3890, Stock A/T Performance
Posted by dam718, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Howdy folks

My mother-in-law is in town and she has a '97 Talon ESi A/T

After a couple weeks into her visit her timing belt broke and I have spent the better part of my last few weekends rebuilding the top end of her engine.

Finally got all that done this past Saturday and now it runs great aside from a small issue with the timing (Ended up being one tooth off after everything was put back together! GRRRR).

I do have one question regarding the A/T in stock form... How does it perform? For a "Sporty" car it seems a bit sluggish... I have no experience driving or working on a DSM prior to her timing belt breaking so my learning curve has had to be very steep with this car.

As it stands the transmission shifts VERY smoothly from one gear to another, which is good. No surging during shifts from P to D, P to R, or R to D, which is also good. There just seems to be a lack of torque in the low end, no get up and realy take off power. And it seems to have a bit of trouble dropping gears when you floor it at higher speeds. Is this expected behavior, or is something up with the tranny?

She has to drive the car from Connecticut back to Michigan in a couple of weeks, so I want to get it as tip-top as possible before we send her off...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dave
I generated this page in 0.0070788860321045 seconds, executing 6 queries.