Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectRE: Went to the track; disappointment
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=5837&mesg_id=5845
5845, RE: Went to the track; disappointment
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Launching these cars is not an easy task. Been there done that. I think the best 60ft time I could muster was a 2.2. The key to launching these cars quickly, is to feather out the clutch in 1st. Dont ever dump the clutch. You will either bog or spin like mad. I'd try for around 3500-4k rpm, and gently but quickly let off the clutch to just get the car moving out of the hole. Once you get the car moving, fully release the clutch and give it more gas. Dont floor it. Once you get moving a decent amount in 1st, you can then put it to the floor. A quick shift to 2nd, wait a second, then floor it. If you launch correctly, your rpm's will stay about the same from dead stop, till you fully let out the clutch. Just be aware that slipping the clutch for that perfect launch is going to heat it up really good. Make sure your clutch can handle it! It really is a fine art.

Oh and about the 60ft time, for every one tenth you take off of it, you take off approx 2 tenths at end 1/4 time. All of my drag experience proves this to be true, assuming a clean run.
I generated this page in 0.0082900524139404 seconds, executing 6 queries.