Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectAF/X ECU vs MSnS dyno + corrected vs uncorrected 184.03whp?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=5570
5570, AF/X ECU vs MSnS dyno + corrected vs uncorrected 184.03whp?
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wanted to make a new thread so that this info doesn't get buried. I put my MSnS dyno run on the same graph as my previous AF/X ECU dyno run (without the SAFC). I had to go to my dyno place and pull the files myself so I could download the program at home and print it up (they are still having problems with the printer). I put it in link form so it would be easier to see. Here's the link;

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5145083

The red run is my MSnS and the blue is the AF/X ECU (forget the max power for now. We'll get back to that).

Funny how the curves are basically the same (professional tuner vs Gary Howell's boys). For a bolt on, plug and play, gotta cover all set-ups, ECU, they definitely did a really good job. BUT, it was that little bit of extra power (and slight differences in the power curve) that allowed me to break into the 13's. Were talking about .4 difference (14.332 to 13.935). That is a lot.

Now about that max power. That number is the uncorrected number. To be technical I ACTUALLY made 184.03whp. BUT, I use ASE correction factor so that I can compare how any adjustments/changes that I made affected my power to previous runs. Also, it allows me to compare, on a level playing field, to others across the country at any time of the year. You can see the corrected number of 173 there (for some reason the program wouldn't print out the max torque. It was actually 152.71).

So you can see how some may say that they had this power, or that power on the dyno etc. I CAN say that I made 184.03whp 152.71tq, because.........well, I did. But that number is NOT adequate for comparison sake of apples to apples. I'm gonna stick with my 176.22whp and 147.39 as my max (though again that seems to be lost by my dyno :squint. I'll stick with it though).

This is all the more reason to call the dyno, just a tuning tool.

But I'll play along for fun :P
5571, RE: AF/X ECU vs MSnS dyno + corrected vs uncorrected 184.03whp?
Posted by jack_of_trades, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm gonna get dyno'd at Buschurs during the DSM Shootout. If it sucks...I'll call it just a tuning tool too,lol. If its good, maybe I'll call it as I see it haha :P
5574, RE: AF/X ECU vs MSnS dyno + corrected vs uncorrected 184.03whp?
Posted by Collente, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Not really appropriate for the post, but mind posting your mod list?

I've been curious for ages and thought id finally ask

thx man

Nick
97RS
5575, RE: AF/X ECU vs MSnS dyno + corrected vs uncorrected 184.03whp?
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Collente
mind posting your mod list?

No problem at all. Been posting it as I go. Check the Wiki on my page;

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

And Jaimie, Buscher's dyno is well known for being low. So it will be a tuning tool now ;)
I generated this page in 0.0079939365386963 seconds, executing 7 queries.