Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectDriggsy called it...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=5497
5497, Driggsy called it...
Posted by cougar694u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Damn Brian, you called it, calling my car an 11-second car.

Today was the World Championship Finals for the Clash of the Titans. In the last round, I messed around and ran an 11.91 at 108 MPH. It probably would have been a low 11.8 since I'm typically at 113 MPH. I was in the 12-second class and I knew I was fast, so I hit my brakes at the finish-line (hence the 108 MPH vs 113) and the guy I ran went an 11.84, so I got the win.

First time trial, straight off the trailer, it went a 12.07, which best ever was 12.06 this same weekend last year. Typically, that first run is the slowest, and technically it was. In each round, I had to let off. One round I ran a 12.08 at 98 MPH, so I don't count that one. There was another let-off run where I ran a 12.02, so I knew a full run would be sub-12 time.

On the final run, we launched about the same (I had him by 0.040 on the tree) and stayed side-by-side the whole way down the track. I got nervous at the end and hit the brakes, then panic'd and nailed the gas. Obviously, I didn't matter since I ran the 11.91 to his 11.84, but I was sweating.

Also, I had some of the fastest 1/8 MPH numbers. I think every single run was 90+ 1/8 MPH.

The car was just running very strong, the planets must have been aligned, and I held my mouth just right.

I went 2-steps colder on the plugs (autolite 23's), used Mobil 1 10w30 instead of 15w50, and about 1/2 a quart of lighter gear oil in the rear-end. I would have changed all the fluid in the rear-end, but it was taking so long that I just gave up and refilled what I had taken out with the new stuff.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I won the race, but was no where near the points champoinship. I came in 900 points down, and left 700 points down, as I went 1 more round than him and got the win.

Good times, good times, hope everyone had a good Thanks giving.
5498, RE: Driggsy called it...
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by cougar694u
I got nervous at the end and hit the brakes, then panic'd and nailed the gas.

Don't you hate when you do that :P heh, heh.

BTW, Luke, you suck. You're still racing! I'm soooooo jealous.

Congrats on the times. Wonder what she'll run in test and tune.

What's Brian now, some kind of soothsayer?

MB
5499, RE: Driggsy called it...
Posted by cougar694u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bullettdsm
You're still racing! I'm soooooo jealous.

It was nice yesterday. I think the high was probably low/mid-70's, maybe high-60's. Once the sun went down, it got cold, it was maybe low-60's :P

That's what I love about south Texas.
5500, RE: Driggsy called it...
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bullettdsm You're still racing! I'm soooooo jealous.
It was nice yesterday. I think the high was probably low/mid-70's, maybe high-60's. Once the sun went down, it got cold, it was maybe low-60's :P That's what I love about south Texas.

Aurgh....twist that knife :wallbash

MB
5501, RE: Driggsy called it...
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by bullettdsm You're still racing! I'm soooooo jealous.
It was nice yesterday. I think the high was probably low/mid-70's, maybe high-60's. Once the sun went down, it got cold, it was maybe low-60's :P That's what I love about south Texas.
Aurgh....twist that knife :wallbash MB

Haha. Don't worry, Mark. I'm sure you'll be in the 13s by the Shootout. ;) (I'd still like to see my Daisy hit a 14, though.)

Congrats, Luke! Keep it up! :thumbsup
5502, RE: Driggsy called it...
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Congrats Luke.

Very Very nice

Terry
5503, RE: Driggsy called it...
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
im sayin', bro!
I generated this page in 0.014469146728516 seconds, executing 7 queries.