Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectdrifting
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=4466
4466, drifting
Posted by daman_tbone, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have a 95 eclipse gs-t and it tends to drift when i race it...does yalls do this too? what is the problem?
4467, RE: drifting
Posted by Ark, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by daman_tbone
what is the problem?

Lots of things.

- Sounds like you failed your native language in grade school.
- You drive a respectable car and yet have no idea what you're doing with it.
- You have access to the internet.
4468, RE: drifting
Posted by reeveso, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what's wrong w/ saying "what is the problem"?..nothing wrong w/ sayin that..i mean yea it SHOULD be "what's"..i thought when he said "yall's" that was a lil disturbing lol

Mods: E-bay Intake, Vibrant Muffler, J Woodleys Ground Wire Kit, F&R Upper Strut Bars, B&M Short Shifter
4469, RE: drifting
Posted by babybeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't see a problem :shrug

4470, RE: drifting
Posted by Ark, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just reminds me of a funny comic I read once.

4471, RE: drifting
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Do you mean "drifting" as in the unstable feeling at high speed or the "other" drifting?
What do you have for a suspension setup?
4481, RE: drifting
i mean it just drifts left and right while accelerating...and fyi people i am from texas...yall is a word...
4491, RE: drifting
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hmm ur talking about torque steer I think. Because of the way the differential and the engine sit in the engine bay sometimes under hard acceleration the front of the car will drift left or right. No way around it, its a ff thing you'll just have to countersteer.
4492, RE: drifting
Originally posted by HadesOmega
hmm ur talking about torque steer I think. Because of the way the differential and the engine sit in the engine bay sometimes under hard acceleration the front of the car will drift left or right. No way around it, its a ff thing you'll just have to countersteer.

ohh ok...thanx for your help
4493, RE: drifting
Posted by oRACLe063, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
HADES IS BACK !!!!!!!!!!
4494, RE: drifting
Posted by babybeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by oRACLe063
HADES IS BACK !!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly.

Good to have you back :thumbsup
4532, RE: drifting
Posted by Mattchew, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Get an LSD and that will help with a lot of that torque steer. They make cheaper alternatives than the 1000 dollar expensive ones if your on a budget.
4533, RE: drifting
Posted by eclipsekaiser, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hehehehe I believe the correct spelling is "y'all"

Quite frankly, I am tired to people around here using it (Midland, TX by the way). How hard is it to say "you all, you guys, and everybody" ?

Oh and FYI...y'all is not a word (even in Texas), it is a slang term along with fixin. Try putting "Y'all" in a graduate paper, and you will be reworded with a nice red mark.

Merlin answered your question. FWD tend to torque steer. Need LSD.
4534, RE: drifting
Posted by a_miller_76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipsekaiser
Hehehehe I believe the correct spelling is "y'all" Quite frankly, I am tired to people around here using it (Midland, TX by the way). How hard is it to say "you all, you guys, and everybody" ? Oh and FYI...y'all is not a word (even in Texas), it is a slang term along with fixin. Try putting "Y'all" in a graduate paper, and you will be reworded with a nice red mark. Merlin answered your question. FWD tend to torque steer. Need LSD.

Yeah "yall" is not a word, it's a contraction between "you" and "all" resulting in y'all.
4535, RE: drifting
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
try getting stiffer motor mounts too. an lsd will help, but it doesn't just happen becuase one wheel is spinning and the other is not. more of your motor shifting over when it accelerates.

i can't really get out what i'm trying to say, but you get the idea.
I generated this page in 0.0079081058502197 seconds, executing 7 queries.