Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectFastest all-motor NT AT
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=340
340, Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by madregal, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
who has the fastest all-motor AT? would like to know what his/her mods are.
341, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by TragikTSi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Something I'd also like to know.

Also who has the fastest turbo eclipse on this board? I'm talking TSi & TSi AWD/GS-T & GSX
342, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thura (Avenger) has run a 16.9 with a CAI, Tanabe exhaust, and a pulley.

Ryan95I4 (has an Avenger, not that same as above:-) ) has run a 16.5 on an intake, exhaust, pulleys, and some other stuff me and Thura can't remember.
343, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by deuce, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!
Mine's slow as sh*t.
lol

Later

344, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think silver is an automatic color around here. I have one, the guy above, 9d9, and 550.....

Smokin95EclipseMWC used to run 28 psi on his auto so he might have been pretty fast.
345, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't wanna sound like an ass, but I think mine is pretty quick for a NT auto. I can outrun the other area autos by a long shot, and I can beat some 5 speeds, and if I lose, it isn't by much. I have had a few even pulls with 5 speeds b4. A lot of area people for a while thought I had NOS, turbo, or just a 5 speed. hey thought intake noise was NOS or turbo. asses. And my car does sound like a 5 speed.
346, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by endless73, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Have you run the 1320 before?
347, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by RyaN95i4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
woah...none of that was true...i went 16.7 with an intake and exhaust, and stripped interior. when i went back w/ the new tranny and most of my inteiror back in, i was running mid-high 17's tho.
348, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by Avenger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Whoops, my bad for feeding Dino bad info. I could've swore that someone actually had a 16.5 slip in his AT? Anyone remember who?
349, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by Ryan_Hes, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Who has the fastest automatic turbo? what is the time and with what kit and techniques?
350, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It's all your fault, Thura. Yer makin me look bad. :-)

My bad, Ryan. It's all Thura's fault.
351, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'd like to hit 16's with the interiopr in. Maybe take out my subs, spare and the other seats.
352, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Ok, so is this true..... a RS/GS auto with intake,exhaust, and pulley's only runs a 16? Is that true?
353, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by phatGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i ran 17.2. I know that's not fastest..but i figured i'd post it anywhere. That was w/ aem cold air (with bypass valve installed). I took out spare and subs.
354, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I ran 17.3 with AEM CAI, Hotshot headers, Magnaflow muffler, Underdrive pulley, and ported and milled head, and cam gears. Most nonturbo autos are running 17's and 18's. There are a couple that ran 19's but I think it was the track. Hardly any autos are in the 16's nonturbo. I think it would take at least 180 flywheel hp for an auto to hit low to mid 16's.
355, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
I suppose thats because of the Eclipse's weight right?
356, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by madregal, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
tell me when the next battle in so cal will be.. i wanna see how fast (or slow) i can go. somebody wanna help this racing newbie out on the first day of drag? i am a little intimidated. i just have to keep telling myself i am there for "scientific" reasons and not to actually win any medals.

357, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by Avenger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, my 16.9 pass was about 2years ago (when the car was pretty new and didn't have all the messed up crap in it now) with the car COMPLETELY gutted ... ie just my driver seat and the dash. I'd agree it's really hard to get an AT into 16s ... too much tranny not enough engine.
358, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by RSin oRACLe, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
with the g tech and the proper weight in ... (yes i factored myself the gas and what i did to the car ).. but i didnt factor in the pulley and intake .. i hit 16.7 ... so its not that reliable ... my baby is quick though ... i raced a board member named kahn (manual).. not saber kahn .. we both had boggy starts .. and he got me by a car length he had intake pulley gst muff and suspension .. and when we were on the road rolling 25 up to 75 we were dead even i just got the jump or he didnt realise we were going ... no gain from him.. no pull from me but he stayed one car behind me.. so i aint toooo bad .. a stock manual i could beat .. but most the cars in nyc are autos
359, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by SaberKhan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was gonna say....I dont remember racin you Oracle :P
360, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
From a 25-75 we are close to the same as them its just 1st hear off the start and 4th gear where we get hammered.

361, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
eva this is true !! 4th is like the longest eva ... we dont have the tq to spin it ... turbo should help though... the 4th gear is kinda tall so it would spool nicely ..

362, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by Vectorracing_B, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Anyone know how similar the trans. are between stick and auto? Is it possible to put four gear out of a manual into an auto?

vectorracing.com

363, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Posted by SaberKhan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
They are completely different transmissions. The 4th gear out of the NV-T350 transmission wouldnt fit. Besides, with the drastically different gear ratios, that would be a weird shift, even if you could do that. :D
364, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
That sucks for NA power. Damn! Good thing our motors are torqie;-)!
365, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
Just do a complete tranny swap fomr auto to manual... $1500 or so ;)
366, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
ouch...now lets see spend 1500 for a swap and run 15 or buy a used stage one turbo?
367, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
how much would a torque converter help with 1320 times?
368, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
NA U ARE LOOKING AT CLOSE TO A SECOND ... IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR STATE OF TUNE .. A TURBO AUTO W/ TQ CONVERTER ... WOULD LITERALLY STOMP A a turbo with out one .. why ? stall speed ... the higher the stall speed the more boost u build for the launch ...but a tq converter alone will not save the day ... new clutches and upgraded coolant lines would help
369, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
How do I get in contact with level 10? I want to keep my car all motor and later maybe a small shot of NOS. So how exactly does a torque converter work? Does it wait till it hits a certain speed then it grabs? Please eslpain...
I want to get the power to the ground and lighten my car before I go for major NA power. Damn power to weight ratio!

P.S. Is their anything wrong with brack torquing? My car has a mean stomp when the light turns green but, then since my rear shocks are blown I get bad wheel spin/very slight hopping.
370, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
VECTOR

When you power break in a stock auto ( floor the break and hit the gas ) your stock torque converter will only allow your power to build up to 2200 rpms (which is probably not even 40hp off the line) . after this point the tq converter stalls the power build .. now a level 10 tq converter or a B&M racing tq converter would first and formost be somewhat more durable than a stock unit which is important, but what they more importantly do is allow the ability to chose your stall speed. On an n/a u don’t want to go to high.(2500rmps through the max 3000rpms) but on a turbo u can go higher ..
simply to build that ever popular booooooooost ...

So either way .. n/a or turbo u would win

371, RE: Fastest all-motor NT AT
sweet thanks! I found the link in the performance pages. for 500 bucks I think its worth it!
I generated this page in 0.010416030883789 seconds, executing 7 queries.