Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectRE: Double Clutching Like I should?!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=279&mesg_id=290
290, RE: Double Clutching Like I should?!
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it's called rev matching dude, it's not going to do you any good to rev too high, you have to rev close to the same rpm the engine is spinning at. Arrrghhh no1 believes me huh if I could show you I would, it's not something stupid like keeping the gas down when you shift. Why don't you try mashing the gas pedal down between shifts, your clutch will scream for mercy.

Double clutching will not make your clutch slip at all, its instantaneously acceleration/engagement. You can keep the gas down if you want but you have to apply enough gas to rev match, you can't just floor it, or else the fly wheel will just spin faster than the clutch and it'll just slip to the proper speed when you could have just revved to the proper speed and no slippy at all. Man I'm going to have to make a webpage about this. :(

Whatever happened to that one page about double clutching on the 2GNT page? the racing section is gone now :( that's where I first learned about double clutching.
I generated this page in 0.009160041809082 seconds, executing 6 queries.