Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectAcura RSX
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=1061
1061, Acura RSX
Posted by USAF96, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok guys, I got this friend, well, not really a friend, someone I used to live in the dorms with here on base. He used to have a Ford Fucus till he got his new RSX. This dude talks so much shit and he acts like he knows everything about cars. He acctually doesnt know shit. Everytime I raced his Fucus he would lose and say that his car doesnt enter 2nd gear well, thats why he lost. Well now he got his new RSX and he is back to talking shit again (BTW he blew the engine in it 3 weeks after he got it cause he was doing about 125 and put it in second gear. Lets say overnight he turned into a bad ass racer, which Im pretty good, and Ive got some lightning fast and consistent shifts. What do I need to do to my car to beat his. (I just bought the car and got deployed to the desert, because of the terrorist attacks, and I just got back) So basically no mods yet. Thanks
1062, RE: Acura RSX
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
first off, glad you're back and thanks for helping to kick the ass of all those terrorist bastards

well, did he get a regular RSX or a type-S?
1063, RE: Acura RSX
Posted by mkerley, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My g/f has an RSX type S. she just bought it, so I got to test drive everything she looked at since she couldn't drive manual until I taught her :) Anyways. The regular one shouldn't be much of a big deal. It should be close, but if he's always missing gears, no problem. The type S, however will beat you stock. I'm turbo, so I blow her away. It's going to be a considerable amount for you to beat a type S unless the difference in drivers is pretty big. It sounds like you're a much better driver, so you might not need anything :0

About the type s:
the thing to remember is that their HP # is impressive, but it's b/c they redline at like 8500 or something. Their torque is similar to ours.
1064, RE: Acura RSX
Posted by Patrick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Not knowing too much about N/A mods, but from what I've seen the best bolt-on N/A mods on a 2GNT will run you is into the mid 15's and the highest trap around 90-91mph. I think Todd (VX100) has run the highest trap speed for a 2GNT N/A at 91mph...correct me if I'm wrong. Comparing that to the latest edition of SCC with the RSXs on the cover, where they posted a bone stock RSX TYPE-S as running 15.0 at 94mph, you might be hard-pressed in beating him if it is a Type-S.

I'd say if you want to go for the best-bang-for-the buck route and something that can easily be installed in one sitting, go with a ZEX kit. One of my good friends had one on his '98 GS, before he bought a STAR kit, and I believe he could've easily been in the mid to high 14's. I think the kit goes for around $580, and can easily be installed in any driveway on any afternoon. The ZEX kit comes with its own fuel management which is another benefit. The whole time my friend was on the bottle the A/F never went lean, so it lives up to the hype.

Just be sure and go sleeper with the kit and route the line to the back side of the intake piping and covered with some black tape or wire covering. No doubt you'll smoke him then and he'll be scratching his head wondering what 'type-s' really stands for :thumbsup

Patrick

1065, RE: Acura RSX
Posted by Nitrous_RS1997, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How did he run a dry nitrous kit(which a ZEX is) on a 98? they have the returnless fuel system, so a dry one wont work unless you mod the whole fuel system.
1066, RE: Acura RSX
Posted by Patrick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't know how he did it. All I know his is a '98 GS and he has installed a ZEX kit on it and it definetely works. The only problem I believe he ran into was the volatge from the TPS not being strong enough to activate the system, so he hardwired it to a toggle switch.

Here's a pick of how HIS Eclipse looks now with the STAR Stage 2 and ZEX control module (bottom right) still hooked up and good to go. I know shit about Nitrous so don't ask me how he got it to work.....

Patrick

1067, RE: Acura RSX
Posted by USAF96, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, he didnt get a type S, I have a 96 RS. He thinks my car is a joke. I wanna make him look like an ass, but I want to make sure I can beat him, cause I wanna put some $$ on it.
1068, RE: Acura RSX
Posted by fasterGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It should be pretty close. The regular RSX is 160 hp, so its maybe putting 125-130 to the wheels? The Type-S has 200 hp and puts 168 to the wheels. My Celica GT-S has 180 Hp and supposably puts 162 to the wheels, but I keep up with it.... so in reality you should be able to beat him.

QUESTION: Why does the RSX type S lose so much HP from the crank the the wheels? Its loses 32 hp in the transfer, while my GT-S only loses 18 Hp in the transfer.
1069, RE: Acura RSX
Posted by Nitrous_RS1997, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Patrick: thats cool man, i wasnt tryin to be an ass or anything, just curious how he got the dry kit to work, cause i dont know of anyone else who has.
1070, RE: Acura RSX
Posted by eclipsekaiser, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I believe the GTS has a much more efficient differential than the honda.
I generated this page in 0.0085439682006836 seconds, executing 7 queries.