Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectRE: auto-x/roadrace people look here
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=2337&mesg_id=2358
2358, RE: auto-x/roadrace people look here
Posted by fasterGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I went road racing with my car and I was surprised. All I have are Tokico blues, goldline springs and 17" enkei wheels with 215 55 17 tires (h rated hehe) I did notice my tires were rolling over a bit but it wasn't too bad. The best advice I can give is to make sure your brakes are up to par. If you still have the stock brakes on you will know, cuz they will fade with a quickness. On the road track I went to I was getting up to 80 on the back straightaway, and that led to a 180 degree turn. You don't want your brakes failing when you hit something like that.

My suspension could have been quite a bit better but I held my own pretty good. I was even faster on the track that a 2g AWD talon (automatic) He would pull away on the straightaways but I had him in every turn. He eventually had to let me pass. I was also passing some older Porsches and stuff too. I had so much fun, it was a rush.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you want to be any good at either auto-x or road racing I would also recommend some sort of sway bars. Either snatch some off a GSX or buy some upgraded ones. This is almost a must have...
I generated this page in 0.0069499015808105 seconds, executing 6 queries.