Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectQ? for car stereo masters
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=12511
12511, Q? for car stereo masters
Posted by MitsuEclipseGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok I do have a background in car stereo (installer for Ultimate Electronics) but I cant seem to figure this one out. I have an Audiobahn dvd/cd player and an in dash screen. Every couple days while listening to the radio or cd Ill push on the brake or use the turn signal and it will blow the interior light fuse (not the radio fuse) in the engine bay. After that the radio wont work until I replace that fuse. It doesnt do it all the time, just every once in a while. I checked the deck and wiring about 3 times and couldnt find anything grounding out. Does anyone have a clue what could be going on?
-Todd
12512, RE: Q? for car stereo masters
Posted by hookduphatch, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you're overloading the stock fuse. you need to wire the constant power i think straight to battery, not through the stock harness. that should fix the problem. or maybe it's the accessory. can't remember exactly. but that's your problem nonetheless.
12513, RE: Q? for car stereo masters
Hey thank Im gonna try that tonight.
-Todd
12514, RE: Q? for car stereo masters
no prob man. higher amperage accessories can't be run through the stock harness.
12522, RE: Q? for car stereo masters
What size fuse do you think I should use, just a standard 10.
-Todd
12525, RE: Q? for car stereo masters
Posted by VOTBLINDUB, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if its a stock fuse in the car and its a 10, dont change it, always use 10s, thats the safest bet
12536, RE: Q? for car stereo masters
put a standard 10 back in the fuse socket, and run the main battery power connection for the audio stuff directly to your battery. it'll fix your problem
12548, RE: Q? for car stereo masters
Posted by oMInOUs97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by hookduphatch
put a standard 10 back in the fuse socket, and run the main battery power connection for the audio stuff directly to your battery. it'll fix your problem

Make sure you fuse your new power supply near the battery!!!!
I dunno if that's common sense to you but to many it is not.
12549, RE: Q? for car stereo masters
It still did it so I think the deck was crap so I trashed it.
-Todd
I generated this page in 0.0088388919830322 seconds, executing 7 queries.